Re: DLL - entry point

From: Dan Freeman (spam_at_microsoft.com)
Date: 08/05/04

    Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:24:40 -0700

    Take the relative path out of your REPORT FORM command. When the report is
    built into the EXE, the project manager will resolve pathing issues when the
    EXE is built.

    Dan

    Wilson Thomas wrote:
    > My working directory contains a directory called "reports" with all
    > reports. All these reports are included in the allreports.exe file.
    > Then main.exe and allreports.exe are copied to a directory "c:\test"
    > (report folder is not copied since all reports are added to
    > Allreports.exe. Main.exe is working fine. While allreports is called
    > it says file not found. CURDIR() shows .\TEST\. I never hardcode full
    > path and reports are called like .\REPORTS\name
    >
    > Hope it is clear
    >
    > "Dan Freeman" <spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible your startup directory isn't what you think it is?
    >>
    >> After your lparameters line, add WAIT WINDOW CURDIR() to see.
    >>
    >> Otherwise, what you've posted here should work.
    >>
    >> Dan
    >>

    >> Wilson Thomas wrote:
    >>> Thanks for the info. I have created multiple project like main
    >>> project with code, all forms in another project and all reports in a
    >>> third project. But it does not work as expected.
    >>>
    >>> E.g., to print a report "emp_list" report, I pass the parameter from
    >>> the main program to the report exe, which contain a start up program
    >>> and all reports included.
    >>>
    >>> DO allreports.exe WITH "emp_list"
    >>>
    >>> Strat up program in report exe is
    >>> ------
    >>> LPARAMETERS cReportName
    >>>
    >>> IF TYPE('cReportName') = "L"
    >>> RETURN
    >>> ENDIF
    >>>
    >>> cReportName = ".\reports\" + ALLTRIM(cReportName)
    >>> REPORT FORM &cReportName PREVIEW
    >>> --------
    >>> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> If this way is not possible, any other alternative
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> Wilson
    >>>
    >>> "Sietse Wijnker" <sietse.wijnker@ATsw-software.nl> wrote in message

    • Honda not so small
      ... Here's some selective quotes from the article. ... Horiike also scoffed at reports that HRC had built its new RC212V around Spaniard Dani Pedrosa, angrily denying the new V4 was purpose built for the triple world champion. ...
      (rec.motorcycles.racing)
    • Re: Specific printers and print dialogue?
      ... In fact, I build a custom menu bar, and use that for all reports. ... In access 2002 and later, there is a built in printer object, and it lets ... you switch the printer with ease. ... swtich object, then you can use my lightweight printer switch code here: ...
    • Re: Cups Problem - Restated
      ... > It looks like the dependencies of cupsys are slightly outdated. ... Specifically, lpinfo -v reports only network, direct scsi ... usb support was built into the current kernel which I built on ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Including report forms in exe
      ... I have never put reports in the directory the project is in, ... or where the .exe is being built from it will give you ... "Jim Czeb" wrote: ...
    • Re: .NET 1.1 and 2.0 side by side execution problems
      ... >I have clients using a .NET application built and distributed with .NET ... > When the 2.0 Framework is installed. ... This application stops working and ... > reports a data access error. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)