Re: .dcx rebuild

From: Rush Strong (rush.strong)
Date: 05/28/04

Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 14:34:16 -0700

Shot in the dark:

    CLOSE DATABASES ALL

    * GoodDBC.DCX is from any valid DBC
    COPY FILE GoodDBC.DCX TO Data1.DCX
    USE Data1.DBC
    SET INDEX TO Data1.DCX
    REINDEX

    OPEN DATA Data1

 - Rush

"zach smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:43D8240D-03A2-43AD-84B8-AACA1FC97859@microsoft.com...
> Gerben,
>
> If I try :
>
> USE DATA1.DBC
>
> or
>
> USE DATA1.DBC EXCLUSIVE
>
> then follow it with a BROWSE LAST I am able to "see" the database, but the
index .DCX file is not created.

> Thanks.
>
> ----- Gerben Kessen wrote: -----
>
> Have you tried to open the dbc as a table with "use database.dbc",
it's not
> the hole solution but maybe it helps....
>
> Gerben.
>

> "zach smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Rush,
> >> I open the project manger, and when I click on the data tab, VFP
seems to
> lockup. VFP creates the .dcx at 0Kbytes and the screen freezes --- no
> refresh, etc. windows itself continues to function okay.
> >> W2K workstation, VFP 8.0 SP1
> >> Thanks!
> >> ----- Rush Strong wrote: -----
> >> Try reopening the .dbc - it should be recreated for you.
> >> - Rush
> >> "zach smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> >> When I try to open the .dbc for a application, I get an error
> message
> > saying " Index does not match the table. Delete the index file
and
> re-create
> > the index. "
> ..dcx
> > file?

Relevant Pages

  • Rush Starts Cottage Industry
    ... It's Dark at Night was named Bane and that this ... was obviously a Democratic Party conspiracy to undermine ... 'Rush, you've got to be kidding' piece that night. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: OT NINETEEN THINGS THAT IT TOOK ME 50 YEARS TO LEARN
    ... > becomes dark during the start of "rush hour" here, ... > morning rush hour if I can have it. ... bike after work anymore." ... monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Invisible cyclists
    ... road near me during rush hour on dark nights I can have difficulty ... discerning cyclists with dark clothes until they are quite close. ... can see the ones with dark clothing but working lights. ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Commendable and Distinctive
    ... I can book another night and pay for it myself, ... driving to Brighton in the dark and rush hour, ... You could always wait until the rush hour was over. ...
    (uk.education.staffroom)