Re: FoxFix 5.2 detecting memo corruption after COPY TO?

From: William Fields (Bill_Fields_at_azb.uscourts.gov)
Date: 05/18/04

Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:27:51 -0700

I received an explanation from Oliver at Xitech.

====================
"Received the files. It appears all these tables were created with SET
BLOCKSIZE TO 0 set, overriding the default blocksizes expected in
tables and databases (DBF/DBC).

If this is the case you need to change the setting of "Blocksize
determination" in the Configuration/Memo tab to "User Defined block size"
and specify the value as 1."
====================

Anyway, that explains how FoxFix was incorrectly detecting corruption and my
tables are just fine. (yes, we do run with SET BLOCKSIZE TO 0).

--
William Fields
MCSD - Microsoft Visual FoxPro
"William Fields" <Bill_Fields@azb.uscourts.gov> wrote in message
> Oh yeah, and FoxFix does not detect memo file corruption when scanning
> tables created through the VFP IDE or the CREATE TABLE syntax, only on
> tables created via COPY TO....
>
> --
> William Fields
> MCSD - Microsoft Visual FoxPro
> MCP - Win2k Pro
> US Bankruptcy Court
> Phoenix, AZ
>
> "I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
>
>     - Douglas Adams (R.I.P.)
>

> "Lew" <lew@clsystems.com> wrote in message
> > What about copy to .... type .... ? FoxFix may be out of sync with the
VFP
> > table version that's being created.
> > -Lew
> > "William Fields" <Bill_Fields@azb.uscourts.gov> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > We create a .DBC and export preformatted data files to disk just
before
> > > running reports against them. I just scanned the resulting tables
(that
> > were
> > > created with the "COPY TO FileName DATABASE DatabaseName"  command)
and