?Use of a "view" database

From: Jeff Boyce (JeffBoyce_IF_at_msn.com-DISCARD_HYPHEN_TO_END)
Date: 05/04/04

Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 06:50:55 -0700

I work in MS Access, but have need to "see" data in a VFP table. I was
pointed to a KB article that suggests that a new, empty VFP database can be
created, and "views" created inside that db, as a way of getting around
issues with indexes in the original VFP db. I don't need to update anything
in the VFP db.

Anyone have any experience/caveats about setting up a "view-only" VFP db?
And/or using MS Access to link to those views?

Thanks!

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VFP 8 Autonumber and FPD 2.6
    ... Until very recently we still have some Win95 stations on our network which ... probably just wait for VFP 9 and skip one generation. ... > Hi Jeff, ... > with VFP7 is that you don't use any autoinc fields. ...
  • Re: Linking to VFP table within VFP application
    ... > Hi Jeff: ... > Since you are using Access to link to VFP tables, ... > Purchase VFP8 here: ... >>to the related VFP index table. ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.dbc)
  • Re: Most recent primary key
    ... > If you are making a COM call to VFP to do the insert you can return the PK ... >> count is high on this app, so running a second query isn't reliable ... >> record insertion. ...
  • RE: Conclusion of One Man Shop Thread
    ... I like Jeff don't feel the need to ever change and may be that's something to ... do my date of birth. ... However I have not progressed beyond VFP 6.00 and wonder ... (at least in Australia) ...
  • Multi-Line Grid Header
    ... Is there any way to put a multi-line header in the grid controls (using VFP ... Jeff ... Prev by Date: ...