RE: Extract files from general fld

From: Lee Mitchell (Leemi_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/30/04

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:45:33 GMT

Hi:

There is no Visual FoxPro command to take an image from a general filed and
save it to a file. However, if the image is in bitmap format, you can
probably use this article:

161832 HOWTO: Export an Embedded .bmp Image into a File
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=161832

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

*-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
   http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
Purchase VFP8 here:
   http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
   - VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
   - VFP6 Mainstream Support retires Sept. 30th, 2003

>Hi everyone.
>Quick question - how does one extract files from a general field to put in
>directory on the harddrive?

>I have the code for alowing the user to name the file again, but have not
>been able to find the method for telling foxpro to make a copy of the file
>inthe general field onto the harddrive.
>TIA!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MAPI crashing when loading over 100 mails with the same attachment
    ... You can find several tools and code examples for sending e-mail using SMTP ... and choose Visual FoxPro as the product. ... > Purchase VFP8 here: ... >>Roshan Jayalath ...
  • RE: Simulating Linked Grids on different pages...
    ... >grid but I got an out of range error when I tried that. ... > Purchase VFP8 here: ... > Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here: ...
  • Re: Invalid Subscript reference
    ... exceeded the number of array elements would be vastly more helpful. ... Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here: ... > Purchase VFP8 here: ... > on how much system>memory is available to VFP! ...
  • Re: Tool tip text
    ... Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here: ... > Hi Doug: ... > Purchase VFP8 here: ... The form is too large for the screen so there's a scroll bar ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.forms)
  • RE: VFP 6.0 and Win2k3 Terminal Server printing problem
    ... session, I would remove the printer info from the report's Tag, Tag2, and ... Use the Default Windows Printer in Visual FoxPro ... Purchase VFP8 here: ... >applications in vfp 6.0 that can not print a single document. ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.reports.printing)