Re: CREATE TABLE statement

From: Rick Bean (rgbean_at_unrealmelange-inc.com)
Date: 03/03/04

Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:21:10 -0500

Geoff,
Just make sure they have the latest (last) VFP ODBC driver installed (6.1.8629.1). It's available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates/odbc/default.aspx.

Rick

"Geoff" <theauketts(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uI9x8wUAEHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Sorry I'm sure if this is the correct place to post but I could do with some
> advice. I have a VB app that opens an ADO connection using MS ODBC driver
> for Visual Foxpro and creates two tables with the CREATE TABLE Statement.
>
> This all works fine on the three systems in my office (all running XP pro
> SP1) but when I send this out to the Client (running NT 4.0) it falls over
> on the CREATE TABLE execute line saying MS ODBC driver for Visual Foxpro
> syntax Error.
>
> I'm guessing this must be some kind of driver versioning issue but any help
> would be appreicated.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Geoff Aukett.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Bizarre error with no error information.
    ... My requirements wanted me to use the ODBC driver. ... The system has called a custom component and that component has failed ... Then my app logs: ... What version of MySQL ...
  • Need to figure out which version this file is
    ... I can't read it using the Visual foxpro ... ODBC driver, but I _can_ read the file using dbfview. ... this stuff loading into SQL Server. ...
    (comp.databases.xbase.fox)
  • Re: Create Linked tables in access db without ODBC
    ... You mean you create the DNS dynamically when the app starts?? ... It works fine for SQL server. ... Do you have an ODBC driver for the AS400 installed? ... Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Dbase III query discrepancy
    ... If another app. ... Have you checked the DBF header info to be sure that it has the right info ... for the ODBC driver? ... I've found that certain ODBC drivers won't open DBF with memoes unless it's ...
    (comp.lang.clipper)
  • Re: Mailmerge
    ... VFPOLEDB.DLL is the file for the VFP OLE DB provider. ... ODBC driver, you need the file called VFPODBC.dll. ... Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver Not Included in MDAC 2.6 and Later ... Purchase VFP8 here: ...