Re: VFP9 SP2 on SP1 runtimes?

I have an app that uses that type of update process. Just don't install into the program files folder (which you shouldn't do if you need to write back to the folder anyways) I find that the update routine works just fine under Vista, both 32 and 64 bit flavors.

--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer/Analyst

"Paul Pedersen" <nospam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ubIlvqaDIHA.3332@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have an app that uses a similar system. It seems to me that that will have to be changed when you get users on Vista. At that point, you'll have to reinstall everybody anyway, right?

"Pall Bjornsson" <palli@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:X-mdnfBuHLz9Fo3a4p2dnAA@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi !

I'm considering installing the SP2.

I'm maintaining a Foxpro .EXE application that I don't want to break. That application is used by approx. 50 users, which do have the newest version of the .EXE upgraded locally, each time the load the app.

However, the VFP runtime support files and libraries reside locally at their machines, and they will not get upgraded automatically.

So my question is.. if I compile in the SP2 IDE and deploy the new version to the users, can they still run with the SP1 runtimes in place ?

Regards,
Palli

  • Re: auto-updater
    ... Updates are mandatory and must install ... In a commercial app I wouldn't ... considered mission critical spread across over 50 departments and schools. ... we can't allow the update process to even run since the ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: vb6.0 app issues on Vista
    ... There is a read/write issue when using the app. ... mentioned that my app should not read/write to the 'Program Files Folder'. ... If by "does not install" you mean the setup program fails ... If you have Vista? ...
  • Re: ClickOnce Nightmares
    ... your app need to install the settings. ... LAN) you could create a logon script that will automatically install the ... DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation) ... FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint) ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Saving Back-End Data As mdf
    ... complete code of a VB.NET console app. ... It's just an example to illustrate how a connection string is used. ... so it doesn't appear to be a problem with how or what I install. ... you access to the Microsoft Office Online Beta site'. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Run 10.20 App on 11.00 ?
    ... installed on both machines using the vendor's install scripts. ... > if the app links in libc.a then you basically up the creek because you have ... Use chatr to see what the dependent libraries are. ... an industrial control system made by Fisher Control Systems. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hpux)