Re: Huge text files...

"Aaron" <aaron@xxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

BTW - if someone wants to try it you can use the following code to crate a
3GB textfile
oFs = createobject("scripting.FileSystemobject")
oTf = oFs.CreateTextFile('d:\temp\test.txt', .t.)
s3mb = replicate(chr(64), 3*1024*1024)
for ii=1 to 1024
oTf.write(s3mb)
?? ii
next
oTf.close()

That was mean of you to not include a set talk off at the
beginning! I had just started VFP, and <all too obvious>.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
I have preferences.
You have biases.
He/She has prejudices.

  • Huge text files...
    ... I have tried using FileSystemObject: ... oFs = Createobject ... oTf = ofs.OpenTextFile ... Anyone that knows how to read a textfile with better performance? ...
  • Re: Submission call: BEST NEW TALES OF THE APOCALYPSE (reprint anthology)
    ... jdnicoll@xxxxxxxxx "James Nicoll" observed: ... If I haven't forgotten my CPI for the last 80 years, ... stories in the established annual "best ofs" may now be, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Security question
    ... Textfile contents only indirectly. ... (if spotlight does its thing) ... open it in a text editor and search it directly that way. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Security question
    ... Textfile contents only indirectly. ... (if spotlight does its thing) ... If you've got one big text file containing all your passwords, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Read strings from Array and search within textfile
    ... Am 25.05.2011 12:06, schrieb sdf: ... exist in a textfile, the fieldnumber shall be returned an printed. ...
    (comp.lang.awk)