Re: [crystal report] direct access to DBF (con't)

There is no reason to use DAO. DAO is a huge resource hog and simply a
wrapper around ODBC.

Once again, your choices are:

1. Use Fox2x tables. Crystal can read these natively. The Crystal drivers to
do this are an optional install from the Crystal CD.
2. OLEDB/ADO. You can use this two ways. 1)Use the VFP OLEDB provider to
read the data. You can read Fox2x and VFP tables. 2) Use ADO inside VFP and
pass an ADO record set directly to the report.
3. ODBC. Use the VFP ODBC driver, but it hasn't been updated since VFP 6.0.

--
Craig Berntson
MCSD, Visual FoxPro MVP

"Man-wai Chang" <toylet.toylet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I now picked DAO (Access/Excel), use file type "dbaseIII"
> and used a TYPE FOX2X free table "d:\h123.dbf".
>
> The report worked fine and could be preview while using CR 9.0.
>
> Now it's Foxpro's turn. I opened the report using the sample code, and:
>
> loDb=.crxreport.database()
> loTables=loDb.Tables()
> loItem=loTables.item(1)
> loItem.Location="d:\h123.dbf" && the same table I used above
>
> The oleCRViewer reported the attached error. the chinese roughly
> translated to "unknown database format".
>
> This one worked:
>
> loItem.Location="h123"
>
> I could only change the name of the temp file, but not the *path* to the
> temp file. Is there another property to deal with?
>
> --
> .~. Might, Courage, Vision. Sincerity. http://www.linux-sxs.org
> / v \
> /( _ )\ (Fedora Core 4) Linux 2.6.14-1.1637_FC4
> ^ ^ 10:12:01 up 1:16 0 users 0.11 0.12

  • Re: XFRX Issues
    ... REPORT FORM Whatever TO PRINTER PROMPT PREVIEW OBJECT This.oListener ... The last version that I tested with VFP 9 did not support this calling ... The newer calling method worked just find, ... Maybe I should test the newer version of XFRX and VFP 9 with this syntax. ...
  • Re: Custom Report Preview Toolbar
    ... Just use the one with the customized report ... As for moving to VFP 9.0 this year, it's still in beta and won't be released ... > to add), dock it, then create my own resource file with the standard print ... > preview toolbar docked beside it. ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.reports.printing)
  • Re: Exception Code=C0000005 from upgraded VFP app
    ... can't tell you I'm choking on a chicken bone because I'm choking on a chiken ... coming from somewhere else entirely but manifesting itself in the report. ... It can be caused by things internal to VFP (index corruption, bad data, ... drivers, bad sound drivers, flaky net connection, etc.). ...
  • Re: which programming language ?
    ... > Christophe - ... > I can't think of ONE other non-xbase-derived language that will open it ... > odbc. ... > I don't see data access as a limitation with VFP. ...
  • Re: Access numbering help needed!
    ... and causes the volunteers who help here duplicate each ... I have a table in Access that is linked through ODBC. ... Each week, when I pull the report, ... 082407002, etc.) I run the report each week, I'm o.k. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)