replacing a string in a bunch of prgs at once
- From: "Bubba Gump Shrimp" <none@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:43:41 -0400
I don't know if this is the correct place for this or not but here goes:
We've had to change our network drive mapping for reasons too long to
explain here. just trust me in that the letter must change and there's no
way around it. Please don't make suggestions as to how to get around not
changing the drive letter as it is a must do.
Anyway, I have about 1500 programs that reference the old drive letter and
need to be updated to the new drive letter. Is there an app that any of you
know of that I can tell to search a certain directory for a certain file
extension that contains say W:\ and change them all at once to J:\ ?
I currently use "Agent Ransack" to do all of my searchng and it finds the
files perfectly. However, I need something
There must be an easier way than opening up each file that a search has
produced meeting such criteria and manually replacing the drive letter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Web Service
- Next by Date: Re: Read huge textfile?
- Previous by thread: Please Help Us
- Next by thread: Re: replacing a string in a bunch of prgs at once