Re: Getting user input without using a form

On Sun, 29 May 2005 05:20:08 GMT, "Peter Rooney"
<magnetix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'd like to have a simple function like the old ACCEPT* or INPUT*, that
>could ask a simple question and get a simple answer. Perhaps it would look
>like MESSAGEBOX. Since the new VFP took away the ability to issue @ SAY *
>and @GET*, it seems you always have to be making forms to get user input. I
>could write my own ACCEPT lookalike, but I wonder if a standard function
>exists, preferably in VFP6 ?
>
>* Note: these old commands still work, but they have been removed from the
>documentation and their use is not recommended.

INPUTBOX()

  • Getting user input without using a form
    ... these old commands still work, but they have been removed from the ... documentation and their use is not recommended. ... Peter Rooney ... Prev by Date: ...
  • Where I can find documentation for the commands for DDE and Word?
    ... I need find some documentation for the commands to use for interfacing with ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Desperate Help needed in using LabVIEW
    ... You surely have the documentation. ... control the sourcemeter. ... I'm using GPIB commands for this, ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.labview)
  • Re: I hate auditing!!!
    ... audit create table; ... > I think I have far too much documentation to this simple audit and ... > to do is audit drop commands. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... is a package with the common man pages for the thousand odd common commands ... Seeing as how 18 percent of the package is documentation - have you looked ... >a set of commands and 'man' pages, could produce such a directory to make it ... There are 16 books in front of me between the monitors, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)