Re: Downloading Zip file from internet.

From: S Bans (SBans_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/12/04

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:15:03 -0800

Dan,

It is good that it is working at your end, however not here. I use WIN XP
Pro as OS and Mcafee virusscan and Firewall.

Regards

S Bans

"Dan Freeman" wrote:

> It works perfectly for me. Are you sure you have an active internet
> connection? Are you behind a firewall or proxy server that's preventing the
> connection?
>
> Dan
>
> S Bans wrote:
> > David Frankenbach,
> >
> > Thanks for your guidance. I get the following results from your
> > suggestions:
> >
> > I saved the ReadURL Txt file as a program at "c:\test" as
> > ReadURL.prg. then I created another program as follows:
> >
> > **************
> > SET PROCEDURE TO c:\test\readurl.prg
> > uWebContent =
> > ReadURL("http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/objref.zip")
> >
> > OK = STRTOFILE(uWebContent,"C:\test20041111.zip")
> >
> > ? OK
> > ******************
> >
> > But, I get the message "URL cannot be opened". and the file is not
> > saved.
> >
> > I will look forward to your further comments.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > S Bans
> >

> > "David Frankenbach" wrote:
> >
> >> S Bans,
> >>
> >> Get the ReadURL function from my website. You can use it to pul any
> >> URL into a memory variable and then use StrToFile() to output it to
> >> disk.
> >>
> >> --
> >> df - Microsoft MVP FoxPro http://www.geocities.com/df_foxpro
> >>
> >> "S Bans" <SBans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question re: atguard
    ... much of a firewall. ... They do block intruders and ads, ... The only difference is the connection showing the connection ... >> Regards, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Question re: atguard
    ... much of a firewall. ... They do block intruders and ads, ... The only difference is the connection showing the connection ... >> Regards, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Downloading Zip file from internet.
    ... I have an active internet connection while testing. ... "Dan Freeman" wrote: ... > S Bans wrote: ... >> Regards, ...
  • Re: FTP server installation problem
    ... Where is the FTP log? ... Best regards ... > looks like ftp is not accepting the connection. ... >> I turn off the firewall to make sure that it doesn't make any problem ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: Sonicwall Pro 3060 problem: Idle telnet clients are dropped after 6-7 minutes
    ... yeap, but if there isn't going any traffic, how could the firewall ... know that the connection is still alive? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)