Re: SQL Cursors

From: Anders Altberg (x_pragma_at_telia.com)
Date: 06/17/04

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 03:23:51 +0200

You'd save yourself a few pages of programming by displaying your cursor in
a Grid that you make five rows high.
What will the user be doing to these rows.
-Anders

"kd" <kd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to select the first 5 records from the result set and display the
values of the fields as button texts and then on a button click(caption
"Next"), display the next 5 records and go on till all the records are
displayed.

> "Eric den Doop" wrote:
>
> > Hello, kd!
> >
> > You don't to open an sql result cursor because it's already opened:
> >
> > SELECT fld1, fld2 ;
> > FROM yourtables ;
> > WHERE something = .T.
> > INTO CURSOR result
> > * loop through records
> > SCAN
> > * print fld1 and fld2 to active window
> > ? result.fld1, result.fld2
> > ENDSCAN
> > * to display all records:
> > BROWSE
> >
> > What exactly do you mean with "display them". Do you want to display the
> > result set in a form with textboxes etc, or in a browse window? Or
perhaps a
> > report? Let us know if you need more help.
> > --
> > Eric den Doop
> > www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Relevant Pages

  • gforth: SDL/OpenGL Graphics Part VIII
    ... There are times when all you need is the simple 8x8 font that we had ... want to use the original PC font text line characters. ... TTFs to the display are too much when you just want to "do it". ... sets the cursor x coordinate. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • RGB Color Balance
    ... I am writing a display driver for Windows Ce 5.0. ... // init cursor related vars ... // check for line overlap with cursor and turn off cursor if overlaps ...
  • Re: How to show/hide cursor on attach/deattach usb mouse
    ... Along with that Display Driver is modified with RequestDeviceNotifications, ... and switching on/off the cursor. ... handling USB mouse device notifications. ...
  • Re: General structure of disassembler
    ... 'regular' comments on source should display to the right of the ... He can move the cursor up and down and left and right in this text ... So does it when he moves to absolute source offset #0. ... In this scenario the root leaf ALWAYS holds ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Another Castalia 5/Delphi 2007 preview video
    ... Finally, add an option at the top of the class combo for classless methods and all methods, which would then display those. ... When you press ESC to go back to the bookmark, it's hard to see where the cursor is. ... Some of these request may seem similar to those of another product, but let's face it, Castillia lives in the shadow of CodeRush. ...