Re: Setup failed while installing sub-component Information Store Service with error code 0x80

Ok, To fix this bogus IIS error (which appeared on my Server because the
original installation was failed - thanks a ton x64 bit version of
Windows 2003 Server - AND the IIS was never completed successfully)
follow these steps:
1. Reboot to get a fresh start
2. Install the MS Exchange Management Tools (even though Exchange
hasn't yet successfully installed or recovered)
to do so follow this link:
http://tinyurl.com/mek5h
3. Run the MS Exchange System Manager tool
4. Find your Server and then Remove it. At this point the installation
can be reran successfully, or recovered without that error appearing.
Good Luck

--
mr_2kmct

  • Re: Exchange Organisation Name ?
    ... How to configure an account to use the ExMerge utility in Exchange 2000 ... Server and in Exchange Server 2003 ... I'm not an expert on LegacyDN, but I e-mailed some of the other SBS MVPs ... The setup that I'm talking about is the standard full installation ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 452 4.3.1 Out of memory?
    ... It also occurs when SMTP and Exchange was not ... Check the SMTP Server Configuration. ... After the installation the SBS server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OWA wont work after re-installation
    ... The HTTP identity of the Web Site, make sure external requests are directed ... Assigned the new ip to the " Web Mail " virtual server ... from Exchange System Manger and site from IIS." ... WINS, Simple TCP/IP Services, Remote installation services, Terminal ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.connectivity)
  • Re: SBS Exchange 2003: too many "Current Sessions" opened
    ... SBS 2008 does include the option during installation, to install fresh or to perform a migration installation, which allows you to introduce it into an existing SBS 2003 organizations. ... Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed ... Since exchange defaults to accepting ... IF, after a week, you are still seeing some connections, try *DISABLING* ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Exch 2003 Install continues to fail
    ... suggested below before FOREST PREP and repeated them again before EXCHANGE ... You may cancel the installation or try the failed ... I have attached the log files again. ... FYI, the Windows server I am trying to install Exchange on is a DC, DNS ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)