is invalid or DNS says does not exist

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's
email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<server.DOMAIN.COM #5.5.0 smtp;501 <DOMAIN.co.uk> is invalid or
DNS says does not exist>

All external email address sent from OUTLOOK to internal EXHANGE are getting
rejected with the above error.

I added my ISP DNS IP to anti spam look up ... wondering they are blocking
because of too many lookups.

Scott

  • Re: Question about using .LOCAL and .COM
    ... solutions) manage the DNS and will use that service. ... >> I've been told by SBC that I will be managing my own DNS. ... SBC will have the REVERSE and you need to find out ... > A single such email server might receive email for dozens or even hundreds ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: PTR Records and hosting our own mail
    ... There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. ... Please contact your system administrator. ... > I'm not convinced from that NDR that it is a reverse DNS problem. ... > smarthost. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Sendmail config.. SPAM problem => Direct to junks folder
    ... I setup my sendmail for multi -domain email server. ... intodns.com and the report of my DNS is OK... ... is to use your ISPs mail server as ... Do you think that the best would be to use my ISP email server? ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: 550 relaying denied (Customers using a certain ISP cannot send
    ... and it was set up for my email server. ... DNS will cache a bad query result and continues to use it. ... They'll insist that the PTR ... seen them insist that the MAIL FROM domain match the EHLO domain name. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: MTA advice ??
    ... Looking for tips on setting up something on my freeBSD 6.1 box. ... You must have a solid understanding of SMTP, DNS, etc. ... Your email server must be set up correctly. ... I'd suggest setting up an internal test network and deciding for ...
    (freebsd-questions)