Is there any way to manually install OWA under an already existing web site?

From: David Lightman Robles (dlightman_at_NOSPAMiname.com)
Date: 01/05/05

Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:34:14 +0100

We have several websites running on a Windows 2003 Server. For one of them
we also have a digital certificate and SSL is configured and running under
443 port (not the Default Web Site). We want OWA directories to be installed
under this web site and enforce SSL connections to those directories.

We have tried using Exchange 2003 System Administrator (mmc) to set up OWA,
under Servers | MYSERVER | Protocols | HTTP | Right click -> New -> Virtual
HTTP Server. This procedure creates a NEW website. This is not what we want.
We just want to have 'Exchange', 'Public', and 'ExchWeb' directories to be
created UNDER our already existing web site.

We have also tried to manually create those virtual directories and manually
copy all the properties using IIS Administrator console (mmc) but we must be
missing something since, either \exchange directory is shown as a directory
listing (no OWA GUI, just plain text as an ftp listing), either we get
'Error: Access denied' or 404 errors.

Is there any easy way to do this? Regards and thanks in advance.