Re: Outlook email sent from LAN or VPN? Can you tell?

Duane H <duaneorama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need to determine whether an e-mail was sent from within the office
LAN or from a remote location using VPN and Outlook (not OWA) to
connect to the exchange server.

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you

No, because mail within Exchange won't show you anything in the headers.

  • RE: Requesting data from Microsoft Exchange Server.
    ... Exchange Server" while VPN to the server. ... What is your network topology? ... Is it site to site VPN or client to side VPN ... Disable Instant messaging in Outlook 2002. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.clients)
  • Re: Outlook 2003 on Tablet outside the domain
    ... I have not set up OWA yet. ... My question concerns Outlook 2003. ... I change the time frame where Outlook 2003 pools for e-mail messages. ... Exchange Server (the company that we bought set this up in just about ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Diagnosing client connection problems
    ... Can you successfully login with OWA over the VPN when Outlook users start having issues? ... Do the Outlook users at the main location have issues with Outlook when the Remote office is having problems? ... You need to narrow the issue down to Exchange at main location or VPN issues with remote offices ... users at both remote offices start receiving "Your Microsoft Exchange Server ...
  • Re: Permanent problems with MS Outlook 2007/2003 since Feb 2010
    ... Disable the Add Ons and see if this issue stops. ... Outlook 2007 - every 20-30 minutes it stops to work with message ... Only when VPN is ON, ... There are no connection problems to our Exchange server - it is ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Connecting Outlook via VPN
    ... > What is the proper procedure for connecting Outlook client ... Connect via VPN and make sure they can ping the Exchange server by name. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.clients)