Re: Slash '/' in an email address

"Haggis" <Haggis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:CEE006EF-C3B0-42FE-A64D-CB604DA61A3E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I wanted to know if there is anything to be concerned about using a
slash
symbol in an email address. I tested it and it works on our system
but it is
not generally used in the wider world...advice?

A user with such an address is likely to find that a few of his emails
can't be delivered.

There's a good discussion here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_address

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

  • Re: can anybody see me?
    ... That's because /dev/fd/0 is file descriptor 0, which is the standard input. ... Note that this one doesn't have the slash before the 0. ... i posted these emails quite a few days ago. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: I need help with Ex5.5 OWA
    ... "nadia" wrote in message ... > alternative to check emails. ... OWA For WAP: ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Convert IPM.Post to IPM.Note
    ... PR_MESSAGE_CLASS attribute of SMTP messages that are sent to public ... Is there a way to convert all the older IPM.Post emails to IPM.Note? ... email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • WAP and POP3
    ... does anybody know if there is somewhere ASP code available which enables me ... to read my emails at my external provider via WAP? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Re: Online Defrag and freed white space
    ... If I don't do anything and as emails come in the store should ... Yes, until the 38GB free space is used up, of course. ... email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)