Re: Clientless VPN and OWA

there shouldn't be any reason OWA can't work this way. if the solution
meets the security policy requirements of the customer, then I guess it's
OK.

"trinity" <cuong_3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> My customer would like to implement OWA so their users can access email
> from anywhere. I had proposed to them the Microsoft recommend
> topology: put an ISA server in the DMZ and the FE servers inside the
> Corp Network. They are currently running Exchange 2000 and AD 2000.
>
> However, they want to know if there is another approach to this. As it
> turns out, one of their FW supports Clientless VPN. Clientless VPN
> allows their users to make a SSL VPN connection to the FW then from
> there they can access OWA. This way there is no need for ISA server.
>
> I haven't able to find a whole lot of discussion around this topic. It
> looks like a good alternative, simple and less costs. Have anyone uses
> this solution with great success? Any draw back compare to the ISA
> method? Does Microsoft supports this alternative?
>
> Any comment on this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
>
> Cuong

  • Re: OWA and ISA "Loading..." Message
    ... Hunt down some of the OWA Pubishing articles on www.isaserver.org and verify ... is about Publishing OWA does not mean it fits your specific situation. ... Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions ... I just add the FQDN which i'm accesss from the Internet without results. ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)
  • Re: Allow OWA to VPN Branches
    ... User get to OWA directly by traversing the Cisco VPN boxes and do not ... Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: ... Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)
  • Re: Always Authenticate Configuration - ISA 2006 SP1
    ... basic between ISA and OWA. ... Publishing Outlook Web Access and Outlook RPC/HTTP with ISA Server 2006 ... Enterprise Edition Firewalls using Forms-based Authentication (Single Member ... Publishing OWA and Outlook RPC/HTTP with ISA Server 2006 EE Firewalls using ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)
  • Re: Configuring UC SAN cert for Exchange 2007
    ... I'm not familar with how Forefront TMG does things, but if you installed an ISA server to publish OWA, you can use an internal certificate on your CAS and an external certificate on your ISA server. ... > We already have an external FQDN for OWA. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: OWA not working after SSL cert renewal...need some help...thanks in advance!
    ... Posted this in the Exchange Admin group - nothing magic...but best solution ... Followed steps to remove OWA virtual directories on IIS, ... new key...as I'd only renewed last week and everything with the cert request ... A test from home (through ISA Server ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)