Clientless VPN and OWA

Hi all,

My customer would like to implement OWA so their users can access email
from anywhere. I had proposed to them the Microsoft recommend
topology: put an ISA server in the DMZ and the FE servers inside the
Corp Network. They are currently running Exchange 2000 and AD 2000.

However, they want to know if there is another approach to this. As it
turns out, one of their FW supports Clientless VPN. Clientless VPN
allows their users to make a SSL VPN connection to the FW then from
there they can access OWA. This way there is no need for ISA server.

I haven't able to find a whole lot of discussion around this topic. It
looks like a good alternative, simple and less costs. Have anyone uses
this solution with great success? Any draw back compare to the ISA
method? Does Microsoft supports this alternative?

Any comment on this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cuong

  • Re: odd owa issue
    ... Since you access the OWA from external thru ... On the SBS 2003 Server open the Server Management console. ... Please open the ISA management console, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Wieviele IPs für OWA, RPCoverHTTPs und SMTP
    ... Da sowohl OWA als auch RPCoverTHHTPS als HTTPS ... Falls SSL auch zwischen ISA und IIS (OWA und RPC) laufen soll, ... der IIS ein weiteres Zertifikat, ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.exchange2000.general)
  • Re: Accessing Parent companys OWA from within SBS2003
    ... Im not an expert on ISA unfortunately so if you could help me a bit here ... Les Connor [SBS MVP] ... No it does not have the pretty OWA logon form it just has the login dialog ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Accessing Parent companys OWA from within SBS2003
    ... Im not an expert on ISA unfortunately so if you could help me a bit here ... Les Connor [SBS MVP] ... No it does not have the pretty OWA logon form it just has the login dialog ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: OWA Problem
    ... Can I get the full benefit of OWA and OMA without installing ISA? ... the destination set for OWA in ISA Server. ... CEICW wizard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)