Re: Exchange 2000 to 2003 migration

Hi,

that is the correct way to proceed,
basically you have to install the new E2K3 server in the existing
organization and move mailboxes to the new server.
Once all mailboxes have been moved and tested for few days you can rehome
services to new server and dismiss old server following steps described in
KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307917/en-us

"maitakeboy" <maitakeboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I know I'm way behind the times, but I'm about to migrate from my Exchange
2000 on a Windows 2000 server to a new installation of Exchange 2003 on a
Windows 2003 server. I have about 125 users on my system, a single
exchange
server, and its a Windows 2000 domain, with an "empty" root domain, and
four
child domains that corelate to my four offices.
Can someone point me to the latest, definitive Microsoft (or other)
article
that would guide me in this process? There's so much out there, I just
want
to get the latest and greatest. I'm basically planning on building the new
system, joining it to my present Exchange organization, then transferring
the
mailboxes.
Thanks for your help.

  • Re: REDIR.ASP file in use - access denied when installing Exchange 2003 SP1
    ... To resolve the problem i gave the 'Server Operators' group Full Control ... As soon as this was done the install worked fine. ... > Installation Instructions for Service Pack 1 for Windows Small Business ... What's the exact error message when you are installing the Exchange ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Blackberry and MS Exchange Administrator
    ... I understand that you want to install the Exchange ... System Manager components onto a server other than the SBS box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Single Server Upgrade Exchange Question
    ... The Exchange Migration Wizard can migrate all user mailboxes. ... server and then import them to the destination server. ... Single Server Upgrade Exchange Question ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: no mailboxs in private foulder
    ... limited experince with exchange. ... Ping the exchange server ... Right click the mailbox store, is the first option "mount store" or is it ... Where are you seeing "Mailboxes and stuff"? ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Exchange 2003 and NT4 trusted domain
    ... > If you run Exchange 2003, you will need to install AD on at least on ... > use the server for Exchange. ... There would be no need to have a server at the remote ... There is a Linux box at each site ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.design)