Re: Exchange 2000 to 2003 migration

Hi,

that is the correct way to proceed,
basically you have to install the new E2K3 server in the existing
organization and move mailboxes to the new server.
Once all mailboxes have been moved and tested for few days you can rehome
services to new server and dismiss old server following steps described in
KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307917/en-us

"maitakeboy" <maitakeboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I know I'm way behind the times, but I'm about to migrate from my Exchange
2000 on a Windows 2000 server to a new installation of Exchange 2003 on a
Windows 2003 server. I have about 125 users on my system, a single
exchange
server, and its a Windows 2000 domain, with an "empty" root domain, and
four
child domains that corelate to my four offices.
Can someone point me to the latest, definitive Microsoft (or other)
article
that would guide me in this process? There's so much out there, I just
want
to get the latest and greatest. I'm basically planning on building the new
system, joining it to my present Exchange organization, then transferring
the
mailboxes.
Thanks for your help.

.