Re: No Outlook Access over VPN

That is strange. Sounds like a network / routing issue rather than an Exchange one.
The fact that you cannot even ping by IP says a lot.

"Debbie B." <DebbieB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:50631648-EA44-4104-A968-210ED5B8583C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That's the weird part. When I am connected via vpn in to Company A (the
company that we just put the Exchange Server in for) I cannot ping that
server by either ip address or by server name.

But... when I am connected to Company A's VPN AND Company B's VPN (company B
being my consulting company), I can resolve the IP address.

Is that screwed up or what?

"Martin Blackstone" wrote:

Can you resolve the machine name when connected via the VPN?
Ping servername?

You might also look at this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831051

> My new Exchange 2007 environment works very well except for one thing.
> The
> user's cannot connect to their Outlook mailboxes via VPN. The message
> they
> receive is that they are unable to connect to the Exchange server.
>
> Any ideas? OWA works. Mail Flows internally and externally. This VPN
> piece is the only part I cannot get to work, and I don't recall having > to
> do
> anything special in a 2003 setup.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Debbie

  • Exchange via VPN fails to find store?
    ... This weekend installed exchange and moved our company ... VPN to second site. ... There are a couple XP clients at this location. ... I enter the server name and the user ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange stops working, VPN / RPC over HTTPS issue?
    ... the Exchange server. ... have installed is VPN and RPC over HTTPS. ... We also have a server on the same network running ACT 10 CRM software. ... database on the server by making a PPTP VPN connection to the server first ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Exchange 2 Domains
    ... approx 50 PC's and no exchange. ... The Site B that is merging with site A will be getting a new server ... VPN between two compatible firewalls/routers would be a good thing. ... profile over a WAN link, even if the profile is small. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Exchange 2 Domains
    ... DHCP, DNS, approx 50 PC's and no exchange. ... The Site B that is merging with site A will be getting a new server ... VPN between two compatible firewalls/routers would be a good thing. ... profile over a WAN link, even if the profile is small. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Design of Exchange over a VPN
    ... If you're concern over the network traffic over the VPN connection (either ... require to upgrade to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition but check out the ... for RPC over HTTP is that all your mail clients would have to run Outlook ... We have Exchange Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.design)