Re: OMA Blank page error MSExchangeOMA 1503

ok...i installed a fresh copy of sbs on my virtual machine...the file looks
the same on a new install.

apparently, there is no html code in the oma.aspx, but it inherits a
compiled dll in the bin directory. this means there is no way to change the
look of the oma web interface. so i started looking at my real
installation, and started goofing with the settings.

looks like it could be your security settings. right click the oma virtual
directory and click permissions....make sure "users" is in the list.

that should do it.

george h

"nwral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nwralnospampostalias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message news:48F6FDEB-C43F-48BF-8218-9A0311AE3255@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi George,

Its got ;

<%@ Page trace=false language="c#" ValidateRequest=false
Codebehind="oma.aspx.cs"
Inherits="Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Page"
AutoEventWireup="false" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="mobile" Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls"
Assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" %>
content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Mobile/Page";>

Cheers

Robin

"George Hardy" wrote:

look in c:\program files\exchsvr\oma\browse

there should be a web page named oma.aspx. open that file, and tell me
whats in it.

sounds like the problem im having, where this particular file got wiped.
there is no content -- only a header for the web page.

maybe we can get this fixed w/ each other's help

george

"nwral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<nwral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
Hi,

I am having this problem with OMA that I am having problems finding a
solution for.

Exhange Server 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003.

Client PCs use up to date IE to get to https://fqdn/oma. They are
prompted
to login. Aftering clicking OK, IE displays a blank page.

The App Log logs MSExchangeOMA ID 1503 (1000). See details below.

The user has tried reinstalling Exchange SP2 with no luck.

I think that the issue may have something to do with Framework 1.1
device
updates.

I found KB841208 (OMA stops working after you install Exchange Server
2003
SP1) I have downloaded and tried to reinstall DeviceUpdate4 but was
unable
complete as the server reports that the deviceupdate4.config already
exists.

Note that the file deviceUpdate.config does not exist.

The rest of the Exchange functionality seems to be working correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robin
EVT LOG

An unknown error occurred while processing the current request:
Message: Could not find file
"c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\deviceUpdate.config".
Source: mscorlib
Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess
access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String
msgPath,
Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess
access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials
credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role,
Type
ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.CreateScanner()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Init()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader,
Boolean
preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Configuration.ConfigXmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at
System.Web.Configuration.HttpCapabilitiesSectionHandler.ResolveFiles(ParseState
parseState, Object configurationContext)

Message: The XML file
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\deviceUpdate.config
could
not be loaded. Could not find file
"c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\deviceUpdate.config".
(c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config
line
986)
Source: System.Web
Stack trace:
at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.Evaluate(String
configKey, SectionRecord section)
at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.GetConfig(String
configKey, Boolean cacheResult)
at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.GetConfig(String
configKey, Boolean cacheResult)
at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.Evaluate(String
configKey, SectionRecord section)
at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.GetConfig(String
configKey, Boolean cacheResult)
at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationRecord.GetConfig(String
configKey, Boolean cacheResult)
at System.Web.HttpContext.GetConfig(String name)
at
System.Web.Configuration.HttpCapabilitiesBase.GetConfigCapabilities(String
configKey, HttpRequest request)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Browser()
at
Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Application_BeginRequest(Object
sender, EventArgs e)
at
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean&
completedSynchronously)

  • Re: Unique OMA error
    ... Server) Virtual PC machine, and the same result was shown. ... >> deactivated) or https. ... >> configKey, SectionRecord section) ... >> configKey, Boolean cacheResult) ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: OMA Blank page error MSExchangeOMA 1503
    ... Exhange Server 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003. ... access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String ... configKey, SectionRecord section) ... configKey, Boolean cacheResult) ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: OMA Blank page error MSExchangeOMA 1503
    ... "George Hardy" wrote: ... Exhange Server 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003. ... configKey, SectionRecord section) ... configKey, Boolean cacheResult) ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • OMA Blank page error MSExchangeOMA 1503
    ... Exhange Server 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003. ... The user has tried reinstalling Exchange SP2 with no luck. ... configKey, SectionRecord section) ... configKey, Boolean cacheResult) ...