OAB - Address List changes not visible in Outlook clients

Hello,

We recently moved from an inhouse Exchange server to a hosted Exchange
Server 2007 solution.

The users in the office still login to a local domain for other apps (server
will be shutdown shortly) and are using Outlook Anywhere to connect to the
external Exchange 2007 server.

I started setting up some test Address Lists and I noticed that the users do
not see the changes in Outlook 2007 - even after they manually select to
download the address book changes. What's interesting is that the one Vista
PC in the office shows the correct Address Lists but none of the XP pro
computers see the changes - all using Outlook 2007.

"Enable Web-based distribution" is set-up on the server.

When a user also clicks on other default address lists - e.g. "All Groups" -
they receive this message:

"The address list cannot be displayed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange
is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

Hope someone has come across this one and has a solution! :-)

Thanks,
Tammy

  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Critical e-mail problem.
    ... I upgraded from Win2K Server to WinSBS2003 on my desktop ... of my POP3 e-mail accounts as an Exchange Server account. ... I found that I was only receiving mail from the Exchange ... your Outlook profile will have Exchange as its default (and this ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OAB - Address List changes not visible in Outlook clients
    ... We recently moved from an inhouse Exchange server to a hosted Exchange ... will be shutdown shortly) and are using Outlook Anywhere to connect to the ... I started setting up some test Address Lists and I noticed that the users do ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.misc)
  • Re: Faxe per Email über Outlook-2003
    ... Der Exchange Server ist ein Groupware- und Messaging-System der Firma ... Microsoft Exchange Server benutzt ein proprietäres RPC Protokoll namens ... Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access ...
    (microsoft.public.de.outlook)
  • Re: Outlook2003 POP3-IMAP Exchange | Confused!?
    ... exchange and sharepoint not being used. ... Folder Re-Direction and roaming profiles. ... with Outlook 2003 as the preferred choice of email client. ... registry to point to the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)