No more transactions allowed Error; 452 4.5.3

From: Brian (Brian_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/07/04

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:21:45 -0700

I have a server that sends out reports nightly to a large number of
recipients. I often get the following error on a number of messages.

"The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
      ???213@optonline.net on 10/7/2004 12:23 AM
            The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer
recipients.
            <mail.mycompany.org #4.5.3 smtp;452 4.5.3 No more transactions
allowed.>

I have tried removing the limits on number of outbound connections on the
SMTP server but the problem persists. Does any one have any other ideas.

Thank you,

- Brian

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipie
    ... recipients' email addresses, and try again to check if the issue can be ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... >> 6) Do you have Recovery Storage group enabled on the SBS server? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Event 32090 when Faxing To Multiple Recipients
    ... Number of Recipients: 5. ... Step 2: Please check the Group Policy on SBS Server: ... After the report is created, select the report in the left panel and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Should ISPs send bounceback on mail to non-existent address?
    ... >>very easy to detect such attacks. ... >- Sympatico has told me that it simply DISCARDS AND IGNORES any incoming ... Exchange Server 5.5 or older. ... recipients address during the SMTP phase hence can genreate those 5xx ...
    (comp.mail.misc)
  • Re: 554 SMTP synchronisation error - when users send large numbers of messages
    ... Again, I believe the problem is with your ISP's SMTP server, that is I believe it is that server that is issuing the 554, but I wouldn't be able to say for sure without looking at the SMTP protocol logs. ... I mean our Exchange server by 'the server' - we have a simple set up - one Exchnage server that functions as mail store & SMTP box and another exchange server that handles webmail. ... An earlier test I did was to get my user's original message and recipient list and resend it from another account with a please-ignore-this-test preamble - all recipients were BCC'd. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Exchange in a Child domain
    ... Service (RUS) problem. ... Do your recipients have valid e-mail addresses, ... MVP - Exchange ... in the child domain on the parent domain Exchange Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)