OWA problem. Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested

From: Artour Karaguiozian (newsgroups_at_karaguiozian.com)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: 4 Aug 2004 21:14:34 -0700

Hi,
here is what happens.

I can acces OWA from inside the LAN.
As soon as i try it from outside with
 mail.domain.com/exchange/
it prompts for username and pwd. After entering them the usual frames
appear, but the browser (IE 6.0) brings up in both frames:

Action canceled - Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you
requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

I took a look at the html code before the browser brings up the error and
here is the problem:

  <BASE href="http://10.2.3.100/exchange/user/">

 which is the internal IP of the Exchange server

my question - has somebody an idea why the E2k generates HTML with the
internal address instead of mail.domain.com
I am thinking about false DNS configuration, but don't know what exactly is
wrong

DNS server of the domain runs on the same machine.

The PC is behind ISA 2K with web publishing rules.

Thanks!
Artour

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exchange 4 Calendar only, Mail is externally, problem sending
    ... my case the Exchange server does NOT accept mail directly from the internet. ... The client has Outlook with both external pop3 and internal ... the user populates the mail type as "EX" instead of SMTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Exchange PLUS POP3
    ... That cannot be so because the SBS Internet Users rule is to allow ... their mail servers so if our Exchange server goes down we can log onto ... We need to login to the POP3 mailboxes ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Protecting an Exchange server?
    ... to protect your email gateway from the internet and the other to protect ... Subject: Protecting an Exchange server? ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of ... Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: publications concerning port forwarding
    ... planned work submitted by another contractor. ... Exchange server is listed. ... This company has a PIX with a DMZ port. ... and company are planning to allow access to the server from the internet ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Missing Email Attachments
    ... The messages come from the Internet. ... please send another test mail with an attachment to the three users and keep me in CC line. ... I suggest you temporarily disable the anti-virus software and firewall on the Exchange server and test again. ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)