Re: OWA Authentication problem.

From: Bluehades (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:50:59 -0700

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Another quick question.
What security settings should i apply on the ExchWeb
folder? Right now i have it set at Anonymous.

many thanks.
Blue.

credentials to the Back
>End Server using Kerberos, for security reasons.
>If the Back End Server does not have Integrated
Authentication set, then
>Exprox is forced to send Basic credentials and will warn
you with the 1001
>Event ID.
>832397 An incorrect event description for event ID 1001
appears on an
>Exchange
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=832397
>
>To ensure the highest level of security we recommend that
you have both
>Basic and Integrated Authentication checked on the
Exchange and Public
>Virtual Directories in the
>Exchange System Manager-Server-Protocols-HTTP-Exchange
Virtual Server then
>the Properties of the Exchange and Public virtual
directories for your BACK
>END servers.
>Your Front End Servers will only have BASIC, and that is
OK.

>So hopefully all you need to do is check Integrated on
your Back End Servers
>Exchange and Public Vdirs in the ESM.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>--
>Tim Hackbart M.C.S.E.
confers no rights.

>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
alias is for newsgroup
>purposes only.
>
>"Bluehades" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>> Hello's all.
>> I have an Exchange 2003 Front-end/Back End setup. I seem
>> to be having quirky issues with users not getting the
OWA
>> page to display correctly, or the page taking forever to
>> load. What are the recommended authentication settings
>> for the Front End Server virtual directories (Exchange,
>> Public, Exchweb), & for the Back-End server virtual
>> directories (Exchange, Public, Exchweb)? I'am also
>> receiving an EXPROX error message on my front end server
>> saying that the current autentication mechansim iam
using
>> btwn the Front & Back end server is not supported (Basic
>> Authentication.)
>>
>> many thanks,
>>
>> Blue.
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Front End/Back End communication
    ... MVP -- ISA Firewalls ... There is no such thing as security perfection. ... single front-end/back-end Exchange Server will find this setup to be ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Exchange Disaster Recovery Server
    ... The backup server is setup also in the lab so I ... >>> The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. ... >>> Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • [NT] Vulnerability in Exchange Server Could Allow Arbitrary Code Execution (MS03-046)
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... In Exchange Server 5.5, a security vulnerability exists in the Internet ... an unauthenticated attacker to connect to the SMTP port on an Exchange ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Mail sitting in E2k3->E2k7 (Routing Group Connctor) Queue?
    ... I also have similar problem when some of the users somehow still sending to the old Routing group connectors? ... Looking at the Headers and the Queue on the 2003 server, ... Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 will delay. ... Seems like I would also need a Routing Connector on the 2000 to bridge to ...
  • Re: Trying to redirect http to https in OWA FE Server
    ... Exchange server for the sake of troubleshooting and I got ... >other virtual directories, especially the Exchange vdir. ... I can see the redirect attempt ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.protocols)