Re: Exchange 2003 clients can no longer send mail via smtp

I would start with the Firewall and RRAS first. Your first post you stated you could not Telnet into port 25 and now you are able too? If everything is open properly then mail should flow, so you I would try first by disabling each one to if mail starts flowing outbound again. If it does then you still have a config issue with one of them.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Network-whiz" <Networkwhiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E14F06F0-31ED-479A-AAC1-E92ED40EB6D8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello John,

Thank you for the link. I installled the BPA tool and it found no problems.
We are using RRAS together with the basic firewall and opened a few needed
ports.
Port 25 and 110 are definitefly open. This server is in a datacenter and the
provider has not changed anything.

Thanks for your responds.

Stephen

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

ExBPA for Exchange 2003 can be downloaded here,

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=DBAB201F-4BEE-4943-AC22-E2DDBD258DF3&displaylang=en

Are you running RRAS and/or Firewall on your Exchange Server? Have you
verified no issues or changes with your ISP?

--

.