SOLUTION FOR : 554 5.7.1 This message has been blocked because the HELO/EHLO domain is invalid
- From: egross@xxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 02:04:46 -0800 (PST)
SOLUTION FOR : 554 5.7.1 This message has been blocked because the
HELO/EHLO domain is invalid
When this happens in case it is an exchange email server to exchange
email server communication it means:
that the FQDN is not correctly set in you exchange server (recipient).
for that you go in the exchange server (mmc) management console look
- default virtual SMTP server
Right mouse click on Properties of SMTP virtual server
Then on the "Delivery" (Remise in French) tab (last one to the right)
Then click on "Advanced Options/ Settings"
you should see there the field where the FQDN is set for your exchange
it has to match you DNS MX Record !
if your DNS MX Record says
You can use "NSLOOKUP" with set type=all to check your DNS MX record.
as in from DOS COMMAND PROMPT:
blabla blabla and where you see:
mydomain.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = toto.mydomain.com
Then you field Fully Qualified Name should READ: toto.mydomain.com
- Prev by Date: Re: HELO/EHLO mismatch with Reverse Lookup issue
- Next by Date: Re: Error 554 5.7.1
- Previous by thread: 451 4.4.0 Primary Target IP address responded
- Next by thread: Entourage 13 beta with Web Services