Re: Exchange Forwarding but not keeping local copy

Please forgive me if I don't use all the correct terminology, as I'm not a heavy
Exchange person.

That said...

I added the gmail account address to the directory, and then went into the
person's account profile and set Exchange to forward a copy to the external
address. If that wording to just to vague, let me know and I'll go back and
write down step by step what I did.

Joe

"Michael Dragone" <no.e-mail=less_spam> wrote in message
How did you set up the forwarding initially?

"Joe" <newsjoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Greetings,

I've got a sort of strange problem. I have a user whose email is set up to
forward a copy to a Gmail account that he checks from his iPhone. Most of
the time it works flawlessly, but a couple of times a month it will forward
the mail to Gmail but it never shows up in his local Outlook program. This
has happened with different senders at different times, so there's very
little in the way of a pattern to look at.

Any ideas?

Joe

  • Re: Exchange 2003 - SMTP alias issue (not all email gets to recipient)
    ... telneting into our Exchange server and sending an email to the SMTP ... I then used the same Gmail account to send myself and an SMTP alias I ... does it resolve to the correct mailbox? ... Exchange servers' port 25 and fat-fingering messages to see if they get ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Exchange 2003 - SMTP alias issue (not all email gets to recipient)
    ... That first sentence came out a bit garbled, but the gist was that the ... problem was of our own doing involving our actions with a custom spam ... telneting into our Exchange server and sending an email to the SMTP ... I then used the same Gmail account to send myself and an SMTP alias I ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: "Entourage cannot connect to server"
    ... instructions on configuring Exchange for Mac?) ... server has a self-signed certificate. ... For the gMail account, you could use the gMail SMTP (they have ... instructions on their page - very easy to follow). ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: "Entourage cannot connect to server"
    ... instructions on configuring Exchange for Mac?) ... All use the same outgoing SMTP server: ... For the gMail account, you could use the gMail SMTP (they have ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Unexpected NDR from Exchange 2003 Server
    ... A user has sent a mail to gmail account and got a NDR from exchange ... The internal user was able to send mails to that gmail account earlier ... Even there are no changes done on exchange server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)