Re: Print Distribution list members

Simone,

You can export the members of a group using dsquery and dsget like in this
example...

dsquery group -name "Group Name" | dsget group -members -expand >
C:\file.txt

dsquery and dsget are available on domain controllers or by installing the
admin tools. If there are groups that are nested, both the group name and
the members of that group will be listed when using -expand.

BUT... an easier way might be to start a new message in Outlook and select
the distribution list. You can then right-click on the list and choose
Expand DL. If there are nested Distribution Lists, you can then expand
those using the same method. Then just cut and paste the Names from the
address field.

Hope this helps.

M3 PostMasters

M3PostMasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

M3 Technology Group

www.m3tg.com

"Simongrass" <Simongrass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Good morning
I need to print or export into a file, the member of a distribution list.
Can someone help me.
Our server is exchange 2003

Thanx
Simone

P.S.
Sorry for my english (i'm typing from Italy)

  • Query to extract only those group members with enabled accounts
    ... I would like to extract a list of the members of an AD group, ... include those with enabled accounts (i.e. anyone whose account is not ... I thought that my logic was sound - using dsquery to find non-disabled ... a dsget example from the online help, ...
  • Re: dsget limitations
    ... adding -expand and also checking the version of dsget you are using. ... > I am talking about the dsget command. ... If the cn=usergroup has a lot of members, ... >> If you did mean dsquery, then the default does limit the results to 100 ...
  • RE: Print out members of a distribution group
    ... If the number of members is large, ... Suggestion 1: Export to personal DL ... In the list of names and distribution lists, ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Importing Distribution Groups
    ... I discovered that if I opened the PST, ... i could then see all the members of my distribution lists on Exchange. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: dsquery to list members of group
    ... Command line tools like dsquery are difficult to use. ... The syntax for finding all direct members of a group would be similar to: ... filters and refer to attributes by their real names, ... MVP Directory Services ...