Linux Discussion Group

Hi All

I have w2k3 DCs and exchange 2003. I have a linux server that runs
discussion group.
The discussion group is able to send messages to the user community
but when they reply back - it mails doesnt go the linux server.
(Discussion groups runs of JAMES 2.2.0--

Any thoughts as to what I can do?

I have users that have external address like ie yahoo, hotmail, and
external contracting companies

The user that have external email addy like hotmail gets 4.4.7 replies
back and yahoo :
<proj...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Connected to ip but greeting failed.
Remote host said: 554 5.7.1 firewall.domain.com Connection not
authorized I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the
queue too
long.

I've went through the firewall and okayed but still nothing...

On the exchange side do I create a new smtp virtual, do anything to
the recipient policy?
New connector?
.....actually i've everything but create a new smtp virtual --

Thanks
Joe

  • Re: Sending email via Hotmail Plus Account
    ... Check each individual's hotmail plus account ... for emails and deliver any to their exchange mailbox. ... as the broadband connection is unreliable, ... If you really want to just use hotmail accounts, then you're not going to be able to use Exchange effectively. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • SMTP Not receiving from Hotmail - Exch 2003
    ... hotmail, but are unable to receive any hotmail traffic. ... Setup is Exchange 2003 on W2k3 both service packed and patched to latest ... We only have one internal email domain, and I've done an email test from ... [Connection reset] ...
  • Is this possible with Exchange 2007?
    ... I am completely new to Exchange, so please bear with me, and any answers should be aimed at a newbie... ... For example, if possible, I would like to be able to pull e-mail from a Hotmail account, to be stored on the Exchange server, until requested by the user. ... My boss at work would like for me to eventually set one up to work on the "back end" of our existing Linux server I would presume if I can get Exchange receiving from GMail etc, the steps would be similar for the office system, as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Exchange/Linux
    ... When the exchange server tries to send an email to the linux server, ... which basically means that the connection was cut off. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • The connection was dropped by the remote host.
    ... I have Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 and I can send emails ... I can receive emails from hotmail.com. ... under "Additional Queue Information: The connection was ... Why is every other domain fine except hotmail? ...