Re: cannot send to one particular email address - can reply

R_hyde <richard.hyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Set up outlook 2007 on my new vista laptop. Can receive emails from
"probname@domain" and "probname" receives them back when I reply to
the received email but not when I create the email from scatch,
forward or send directly via the contact record.

I presume you mean, this guy is in your Outlook contacts. Check the
properties of the contact ...right-click on the SMTP email address, and
check what you see in Outlook Properties. Pick Plain Text, save, and test.

He does receive them
if I send from a word document (ie file/send to from within word).

The email goes out (ie appears in the sent folder) but does not
arrive. It does arrive if I reply to the received email. I have tried
it with typing the correct name in the To/CC/BCC boxes
and also using the auto complete function.

Othernames@domain (ie the same domain) get there ok - it just seems to
be a problem with "probname". Emails to other domains are also ok.

I have POP/SMTP and Hotmail accounts set up in outlook - probname does
not get any emails from any of them.

Things I have tried - but have not worked

1. Setting up a new profile and user ac
2. I ensured all virus scanners/firewalls turned off and not linked to
outlook

3. Deleted outlook.nk2 file just in case the autocomplete cache was
corrupted
4. Using old pc that links thro' the same router/ISP had no problem
creating and sending an email to "probname@domain" and it was all
received ok
5. Checked that emails not going into "probname's" junk folder

HELP!

  • Email forwards received as MIME gibberish
    ... I am using Outlook 2002 and Windows XP Service Pack 2 on a Dell 8200 PC ... 5.The received email sometimes has the following error message: ... menu is correctly set for emails to the best of my knowledge. ... Please help before my friends loose interest in my emails, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • cannot send to one particular email address - can reply
    ... Set up outlook 2007 on my new vista laptop. ... It does arrive if I reply to the received email. ... I have POP/SMTP and Hotmail accounts set up in outlook - probname does ... Checked that emails not going into "probname's" junk folder ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Determine the e-mail account of a mailmessage
    ... In a received email the To field is who the item was sent to. ... You cannot use the Outlook object model to do what you want, ... there could be more than 1 recipient of course. ... or Extended MAPI or a MAPI wrapper such as Redemption. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook.vba)
  • Re: cannot send to one particular email address - can reply
    ... account that's causing it to be blocked as spam. ... this guy is in your Outlook contacts. ... It does arrive if I reply to the received email. ... I have POP/SMTP and Hotmail accounts set up in outlook - probname does ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)