Subject: REMINDER: Final Exam on Wednesday!

Sent: 12/13/2005 9:58 AM

'xxxx@xxxxxxx' on 12/13/2005 9:58 AM

452 4.5.3 Too many recipients

'xxx@xxxxxxx' on 12/13/2005 9:58 AM

452 4.5.3 Too many recipients

1) this error is NOT consistent for every message sent out to a large
number of recipients.
For example:
Client will send an email with 300 recipients and the mail will go
just fine
Client will later send an email with 50 recipients and the mail will
bounce back with the above error.( yes 300 got sent successfully then
later in a separate email ,50 bounced back)

2) The SMTP settings on the exchange server for max recipients is MORE
than the max number of recipients the client has ever tried to send to.
I've seen the setting and set it myself.

3) this error sometimes shows up when the total recipients are less
than 5!

The inconsistency of the error and the fact that the server setting for
max recipients is well above what the client is sending leads me to
think this is a bug with either outlook or exchange.

I have googled this error and found that most people assume this is
caused by a server setting. I agree that this message CAN be caused by
the SMTP max recipient setting, but in this case it is not.
Some people say this is a caused by the junk-mail filter in Outlook and
that a patch will fix it. I know for a fact that the client's
machines are fully patched and they still get this error.

Does anyone actually know how to fix THIS problem/BUG?

  • Re: recipients not showing in the "to" field on a reply to all e-m
    ... as she is composing the response. ... And you get a license for Outlook 2003 for each ... does a "reply to all" initially all recipients show on the ... I suspect this is a client issue and you ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)
  • Re: mass email
    ... I have a client that send regular newsletters to 1200 or 1300 ... they are individually queued for each recipients so my client does ... or use mail merge in Outlook so each receipient gets ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: recipients not showing in the "to" field on a reply to all e-m
    ... reproduce this, including using OWA instead. ... service packs and running Outlook 2000 at the client end. ... does a "reply to all" initially all recipients show on the ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)
  • Re: Attachments removed by Outlook Express
    ... > my mail client. ... My Outlook 2003 shows ... the Notes client receives the ... what would you do if one of your recipients is using a mail ...
  • Re: hide the plus symbol of the expand list feature
    ... but client side DL expansion cannot be turned off. ... "Description of the Expand List feature in Outlook 2003" ... regulated by the mail server Max Recipients configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)