Re: OWA problem

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the questions -

1) my firewall is quite old, and it doesn't have a setting for WebDav - what
port is this? I can create custom ones.

2) according to the log, there have been no external hits at all - only ones
from local machines.

In fact I can't even see a denial or request coming into the router or
firewall from outside the building.

Does this make sense?

NEIL

"Matthew Tisdel" <MatthewTisdel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Let me know about these things:
> 1. Many firewalls are set by default to deny WebDav. Check on that with
the
> Netgear and check and see if anything else is showing up in the logs of
the
> firewall. They are often quite informative on problems like this.
> 2. Look at the IIS log files on the Exchange server and compare a working
> and non-working attempt to use OWA. On the Exchange server: go to
> Start-->Run.... ; Type "logfiles" and OK it; Go to the W3SVC1 folder (The
> ending number could be different or there may be a number of them--find
the
> one with the latest entries); Check in the logfiles for the entries from
the
> IP addresses that you are testing from.
> --
> Matthew Tisdel
> South Carolina
>

> "Neil Jarman" wrote:
>
> > Hi Matthew,
> >
> > Just installed a virgin copy of Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 (both
standard
> > editions.)
> >
> > Firewall is a NetGear FV318 - I have others like it where OWA works.
> >
> > Yes, using IE v6.
> >
> > NEIL
> >

> > "Matthew Tisdel" <MatthewTisdel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
> > > What version of Exchange are you using? What firewall are you going
> > through?
> > > Are you connecting with IE?
> > > --
> > > Matthew Tisdel
> > > South Carolina

> > OWA.

  • Re: [fw-wiz] WebDAV on Symantec 5400
    ... I need to help a client configure their firewall, a Symantec 5400, to ... allow WebDAV traffic (or at least the subset of WebDAV used by ... Subversion.) ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] WebDAV on Symantec 5400
    ... easy as turning on webdav. ... Don't muck about with Symantec firewalls if you don't know ... If you don't know what you're doing with a Symantec firewall, ... use of the named recipient. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Outlook Web Access
    ... Naja, eine Menge, von einem Proxy, der kein Webdav unterstützt bis zur ... Browserkonfig oder einer Firewall. ... Schreib doch mal was dazu wenn du ...
    (microsoft.public.de.exchange)
  • Re: Can XP Pro Share Printer or files over internet?
    ... disable router or firewall is not good idea. ... You may try WebDAV. ... how to access file from the Internet ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ...
  • Re: Issue with Outlook Send/Receive
    ... Is there a firewall of some kind between her and the Exchange server? ... Maybe even the Windows firewall on her machine has been enabled and not specifically configured to allow Outlook? ... Using Word as the editor has nothing to do with it, though, so you can safely re-enable (or not if they prefer the Outlook editor) that. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)