the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

I receive a "the service did not respond to the start or control request in
a timely fashion. check event viewer for more info" message when trying to
start the pop3 service.

However when I check the even viewer theres it nothing about this issue.
Anyone has an idea why I can't start the pop3 service ?

  • Re: Windows update error 0x8007041D
    ... The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion ... If this is not the case then check in the Event Viewer to see if there is any specific errors regarding services ... There is other code meanings but not this one. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Error message while starting the POP3 Server
    ... When I try starting the POP3 Server, I get the following error message: ... service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. ... The event viewer does not provide useful information. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problem starting SMTP
    ... >control request in a timely fashion. ... Check the Windows ... You're sure there is no event in the Event Viewer? ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: PC Slows Down
    ... DCOM got error "The service did not respond to the start or control request ... Please check Event Viewer for Warning / Error Reports in the System ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • SMTP service does not start
    ... request in a timely fashion" ... Event Viewer - Error msg: ... Event Type: Error ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)