Re: Disable Instant Messaging

Robert <Robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>We just converted instant messaging to LCS so am wondering how to disable the
>Exchange instant messaging for all users without affecting other functions.

Remove the Exchange IM service.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

  • RE: Exchange 2003 and Windows Messenger
    ... The conference server and Instant messaging is intergrated with Exchange ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Instant Messenger in Exchange
    ... Alan Auld posted their thoughts, ... > I've added a virtual Instant Messaging server to Exchange 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Live Communucations Server
    ... Instant Messaging Clients for Exchange 2000 Instant Messaging Service ... <END SNIP> ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Instant messaging
    ... In exchange manager right click on the instant messaging icon and select ... Sir is thier any ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Instant Messaging with Exchange 2003
    ... Is there another solution other than LCS? ... COuld I install an Exchange 2000 ... box into my 2003 Exchange setup for Instant messaging purposes only? ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.design)