Re: Need help getting Exchange 5.5 as current as we can

When I went to Add/Remove Programs on the Exchange Server I saw that these
were listed:

Microsoft Update Q289258 for Exchange 5.5
Microsoft Update Q301361 for Exchange 5.5
Microsoft Update Q304062 for Exchange 5.5
Microsoft Update Q307195 for Exchange 5.5
Microsoft Update Q313576 for Exchange 5.5
Microsoft Update Q326322 for Exchange 5.5

I noticed here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841765 that there is a
November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange 5.5. Will applying this rollup get
my Exchange 5.5 Server current? Should I stop all of the Exchange services
before I apply this rollup? Thanks.

"Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello. We have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server running on a Windows 2000 SP4
> Server. Over the last year we have applied a few hotfixes to Exchange 5.5
> but we have no idea what has been applied and what patches, hotfixes,
> rollup packages, etc. are available to be applied. We are trying to get
> our Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server as current as we can before our migration to
> Exchange 2003 in a few months. Is there some type of utility (like
> www.windowsupdate.com) out there that can tell me what patches, hotfixes,
> and rollup packages I still need to apply to my Exchange 5.5 Server? Also,
> do you have to stop all of the Exchange services before I apply patches,
> hotfixes, and rollup packages? Thanks for the help.

  • Re: Installing SP2 for Exchange 2003 on upgraded SBS 2003 R2
    ... Build numbers and release dates for Exchange Server ... You might try running Microsoft Update from the server to see if it ... try downloading and installing it ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: new user questions
    ... at the "Network Neighborhood" and browes the shares for the server, ... if your Exchange server is also a Domain Controller. ... Run Microsoft Update, not Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: IMF Will Not Update
    ... Are you sure you're using Microsoft update and not Windows Update? ... or at least believe to have IMFv2 as part of SP2 for Exchange. ... I have enabled it on the virtual server and set my threshold levels. ... restarted the SMTP server and also the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Exchange 2000 SP3 updates ans security patches
    ... Microsoft Update. ... >Can I get answer for the other question about Exchange build number as well? ... Post-SP3 Rollup from August 2004 with build 6603: ... Availability of the August 2004 Exchange 2000 Server Post-Service Pack ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Is Microsoft Still Releasing IMF Updates?
    ... Just checked Microsoft Update - none showed up yet. ... I recently migrating to exchange 2003 from iMail. ... update site I was able to select it from a list of available updates. ... I have not seen any updates for IMF since I installed exchange ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)