Re: Exchange 2003 OWA Hyperlinks

From: mcnerd (mattm_at_sonit.com)
Date: 02/16/05

Date: 16 Feb 2005 11:33:25 -0800

Are these changes made to the "Exchange" or "Exchweb" object under the
default directory?

Thanks.

Matt

spinkid wrote:
> Yes, in IIS on your public directory right mouse click and go to
properties.
> on the Directory Security tab click on the edit button of
Authentication and
> access control. Make sure you enable anonymous access, Integrated
Windows
> authentication, and Basic authentication. In the default domain
enter your
> domain and click on the OK button. Then on the Virtual Directory tab
under
> local path put a check mark on everything . Then lastly make the
excute
> permissions "Script and Executables" then click OK. Now your links
should
> work and your calendar should work for inviting others.
>
> "mattm@sonit.com" wrote:
>
> > Alan,
> >
> > This i the exact issue I am experiencing on a W2K3 SBS. Were you
ever
> > able to identify a fix/work around for this issue?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Matt McNeil
> >
> > Alan Roberts wrote:
> > > Thanks Ben
> > >
> > > The symptoms are similar to what we see, but still somewhat
> > different. The
> > > emails causing the problem do not have to be sent from OWA and
the
> > issue is
> > > seend from within OWA, not from the standard Outlook client. I
can
> > type
> > > http://www.microsoft.com into a mail (in Outlook not OWA) and
send it
> > to an
> > > OWA user and they will get the logon screen when they click on
the
> > link.
> > > Thus this can't be due to the incorporation of the OWA
redirection
> > URL issue
> > > described in 817312 (a fact that can be confirmed by examining
the
> > source
> > > code for the email). Also, the issue may be client machine
specific,
> > it
> > > seems to happen on some and not others? It may however be timing
> > related
> > > and just happen on some machines at certain times (eg high use?)
etc

<ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom>

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817312&Product=exch2003

> > Workaround

OWA
> > logon

> > Internet

> > user
> > the new
> > rather than
> > machine

> > order
Exchange
> > 2000

> > message
> > windows at
> > that the
> > details they
> > happen

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exchange 2003 OWA Hyperlinks
    ... On the Virtual Directory only put a check mark in front of Read, ... On the Directory security tab the edits ... Make sure you enable anonymous access, ... >> authentication, and Basic authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Strong vs. Weak Authentication
    ... Matt C wrote: ... > What is the difference between Strong and Weak Authentication? ... If I use the same approach but send the data over SSL ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Locking down a directory
    ... your using the right approach to authentication, ... you could easily set an authentication flag in session and create an ... "Matt" wrote in message ... > my current access restriction system. ...
  • Re: Get UPN in ASP
    ... > We are using the Windows authentication in the config file. ... > authenticated to IIS and the File System? ... >>> Matt ...
  • Re: HTTP Get with Proxy authentication
    ... There's no real point in my posting anything, as the documentation does a ... take a look at the section on proxies and authentication. ... Matt ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)