Re: Compile error in hidden module
- From: Stan Brown <the_stan_brown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 20:40:17 -0400
On Wed, 19 May 2010 18:43:54 +0100, Charles Williams wrote:
When I try to load a particular add-in(*) I get "Compile error in
hidden module". I've checked the usual suspects, but I can't find the
cause. I have of course left a message for the author, but after
three days with no reply I expect I won't get one. Suggestions?
Here's my setup:
* Windows XP, Excel 2003
* nothing in any XLSTART folder
* no custom folder specified in Tools » Options » General
* no other add-ins except Solver and the two Analysis Toolpaks
* macro security Medium; "Trust all installed add-ins and templates"
* both before and after loading the add-in, I checked in VB Editor
Tools » References and nothing is shown as "missing"
(*) TM Plot Manager, from
Try using Excel detect and repair (under Help) - this often (but not
always) fixes this kind of problem
Thanks for the thought. Unfortunately, Detect and Repair completed
successfully, but after re-adding the add-in I still get "Compile
error in hidden module: Thisworkbook".
It's not third-party add-ins in general: I'm still able to run
Palisade Corp's @RISK, for instance. This Tushar Mehta guy's site
looks like he's an Excel expert, but maybe there really is just a
coding error in his TM Plot Manager add-in.
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
Shikata ga nai...
- Prev by Date: Re: Where is the sort Z-A button hiding?
- Next by Date: Re: Compile error in hidden module
- Previous by thread: Re: Compile error in hidden module
- Next by thread: Re: Compile error in hidden module