RE: Querying Excel tables from Microsoft Query

For posterity, here is the fix.

If you have a range that has been converted to a table and given a table name,
as opposed to simply a named range, Microsoft Query will not recognize it as
a database table. I guess that would make too much sense.

What you have to do is convert the table to a range (Table Tools/convert to
range),
then give the range a name. Then MS query will recognize it as a table when
you select the workbook as the data source.

Go figure.

"JGPatrick" wrote:

Apologies if this posts twice. Since my posting hasn't shown up in 5 hours,
I'm assuming it got lost.

I cannot query a Microsoft Excel workbook with Microsoft Query.
The error message I get is "the data source contains no visible tables".
But the workbook that I am trying to query contains two named tables.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Thanks.

  • Re: Winn98SE, Excel2000: ODBC query opens the source workbook
    ... >> try to close the source workbook, the Excel attempts to close the ... today the query worked normally on my computer!!!. ... to run the union query from any other computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: sum of mutiple entries on another workbook
    ... For such situations, I use QDBC query. ... menus are different, and Query window dsign is different too, but final ... Define your table in 1st workbook as non-dynamic named range. ... to determine columns (equipment, amount), filters (here you can filter out ...
  • Re: Difficulties programming a command button
    ... The button is to be on main form whose record source is a query. ... display the associated calibration records for each piece of equipment ... workbook will open to the spreadsheet for serial number 123456. ... now I need to modify it such that the particular sheet that opens is directly ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Add worksheets with Web Query
    ... Yes one query would suffice, I assume this would be a module? ... What I need to happen then is when the workbook is open is (assuming I ... Basically the pages I'm scraping are payments received by my company. ... but the customer name does not match the payee name on the statement. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Make excel Worksheet as data base
    ... you have to define the source table as named range - and you can't ... This named range MUST include header row at top ... Now close the source workbook, ... External Data>New Database Query. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)