Re: Excel found unreadable content in file only with Windows 7.

Charlie,
Get my email addy either from this message (no TRUENORTH.) or from my website.
I would be interested in trying to open the file in question
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Charlie Wolfe" <Charlie Wolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E121E301-0D76-4419-8FD6-E7E7BF651DBB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are programmatically writing out an XLS file from our accounting
application. Application has been working for years. When we try to open
the file that is created on a computer running Windows 7, it gets Excel found
unreadable content in xxxx.xls. Do you want to recover the contents of this
workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes. (Can click on
Yes, but file is still unreadable with Win7). We get the same message on
Win7 with both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. The same XLS file will open just
fine with either Excel 2003 or Excel 2007 on a Vista or Windows XP machine.
Would be glad to send you a copy of the XLS file.

.