Re: Excel found unreadable content in file only with Windows 7.

Charlie,
Get my email addy either from this message (no TRUENORTH.) or from my website.
I would be interested in trying to open the file in question
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Charlie Wolfe" <Charlie Wolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E121E301-0D76-4419-8FD6-E7E7BF651DBB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are programmatically writing out an XLS file from our accounting
application. Application has been working for years. When we try to open
the file that is created on a computer running Windows 7, it gets Excel found
unreadable content in xxxx.xls. Do you want to recover the contents of this
workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes. (Can click on
Yes, but file is still unreadable with Win7). We get the same message on
Win7 with both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. The same XLS file will open just
fine with either Excel 2003 or Excel 2007 on a Vista or Windows XP machine.
Would be glad to send you a copy of the XLS file.

  • Re: ColorIndex vs Color?
    ... Compatibility mode means Excel won't try to put a value into cell ... Excel 2007 recognizes Excel 2003's palette, ... was assigned a customized palette in 2003, ... The source workbook just contains formatting information ... ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: ColorIndex vs Color?
    ... there's any magic in compatibility mode that will preserve custom colors ... Compatibility mode means Excel won't try to put a value ... Excel 2007 recognizes Excel 2003's palette, ... The source workbook just contains formatting information ... ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Strange Excel Application Object Behavior
    ... But Excel doesn't behave well sometimes after this, ... When I click on the workbook icons I ... Dim obXlTestAPP As Excel.Application ... Set obXlTestAPP = Excel.Application ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Activating a renamed workbook
    ... The go to tab Commands and select Macro. ... my programming experience in Outlook is very poor so please help me out. ... Then I can have a procedure in the main Excel application installing the ... because it activates the workbook always having the same name! ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Excel file size and paste special
    ... You didn't say which version of Excel you are ... Original Workbook that was not present in the Copy Workbook. ... .NET Developer ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)