Opening excel 2003 /2007 Ignore other applications checked / unche

Need the ablity to drag the same file in
into the IE browser window, load the same files thru the start run command
line. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" c:\test.xlsx and
then be able to double click on the same file thru windows explore?

1) If the Ignore other applications setting in Excel is checked you will get
the following message on double clicking on a file. Cannot find the file
'path' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are
correct and that all required libraries are available. This does not occur
with dragging files into the IE browser window or loading a files thru the
start run command line. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" c:\test.xlsx

The solution is to follow the following URL
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211494
which is to select
Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)
--- or ---
Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

2) If the Ignore other applications setting in Excel is unchecked following
message on double clicking on the same file you will get the following message
A document with the name 'file name.xls' is already open. You cannot open
two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different
folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's
currently open, or rename one of the documents. If you dragging the same
file into the IE browser window or loading a files thru the start run command
line you will get a File In Use Message which alow the user to Open
'Read-Only' or click 'Notify' to and recieve notification.
The solution is to follow the following URL
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/200704
which is to select
Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (check it)
--- or ---
Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

  • Re: Printing prn files
    ... I have no idea how setting a print area in Excel could relate to the problem ... Windows does not provide a way to do this directly. ... > is to use a command issued from a command processor prompt. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Any working SIP-phone on FreeBSD?
    ... CSV, then import CSV into Excel, when the boss turns his/her back? ... and on the "Windows" platform (that the scrapped PCs ... I do not have high hopes for Skype in the future. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Microsoft Visual Basic errors displaid when opening Microsoft Word 97 & Excel (7
    ... Maybe you can use an old DOS command. ... cmd (windows 2k/xp) ... "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start ... Word or Excel ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.setup)
  • Opening EXCEL Documents in separate Windows vs. a Shared Window
    ... The option in excel to ?Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange? ... Opening EXCEL Documents in separate Windows vs. a Shared Window ... opens in the same window ... It does not matter if I install it ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.setup)
  • Re: truncating text fields
    ... Because of customer requirements, I'm constrained to version 7, which doesn't seem to support direct import/export between FM and Excel. ... I found that Windows FM had many UI anomalies and non-standard interfaces that don't exist in other Windows programs. ... I spent the same amount of time unsuccessfully trying to generate properly formatted labels in FM as I did coming up with a successful solution through the export method, although for a more experienced developer, the converse would probably be true. ... It will even do some basic formatting so that the Excel cells resemble the data in FileMaker. ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)