Re: cannot see an open spreadsheet

I don't have another guess.

Sorry.

raseron wrote:

yep. we've got a pretty vanilla setup here.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

And both windows display settings are the same?

raseron wrote:

thanks for the thought, dave.

the same file opened on another similar workstation doesn't bring the same
results, though. i can open that file on my pc and it comes up just fine.
then go over to the user, open it there and it is 'out of sight'.

ross

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

To me, it sounds more like two people sharing the same file.

We used to see the same kind of behavior when someone on a laptop saved the file
while it was a window (not full screen within excel).

A person using a desktop may not see that window. And it depended on the
display settings that each user had specified. 640x480 or 1024x768 or ... would
all put that window in a different location. And sometimes, that location
wasn't visible.

raseron wrote:

excel 2k3 in an xp sp2 environment

some odd behavior with various excel files.

one of my users will open an excel file but the spreadsheet is not initially
visible (it's not hidden, just not visible). as if it were merely off the
'workspace' that is the excel window. after performing a WINDOW - ARRANGE -
TILE, the spreadsheet becomes visible. the user estimates that this happens
with 50% of excel files he opens.

i open the same file(s) on my pc and they are visible as soon as they are
opened.

this smells like he's set some preference in his excel, but i don't know
what it is.

thanks in advance,
ross

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

  • Re: error message
    ... I don't know what was causing that particular workbook to attach itself to ... every excel file I was saving but after I repaired my Excel and shut down my ... "Dave Peterson" wrote: ... I have an EXcel file that every time opens gives me a error message telling ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Why are files/folders in pop-up menus now chronological?
    ... If I press Ctrl+O in Word (or equivalent in EXCEL), or if I envoke the file ... organizing files The window simply lists the ... folder ordered by the last date they were touched. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Cannot open some files in Excel 2002
    ... worksheet window has to be maximized within excel. ... "Dave Peterson" wrote: ... completely grey and it opens on other machines using the same version of ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Opening files from Outlook/Explorer to separate windows in Excel 2
    ... Ideally, I'd like to be able to open each Excel file in a separate process, ... separate window, giving my users the ability to work with the Windows side by ... Launching a file by double-clicking the file always opens in the file in the ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Manual Calculation in Excel 2000
    ... "Dave Peterson" wrote: ... I'm still betting that you have another workbook that opens and tells excel how ... I'd look to see what other files are opened when excel starts. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)