Data Validation - Again!
- From: "mlv" <mike.safetycatchvincent@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:51:25 +0100
Once again I'm struggling with the 'Custom' option in Data Validation.
I have a cell formatted as 'Date' (assume A1).
I want the user to be able to enter any valid date greater than (say)
Alternatively, I also want the user to be able to enter a single character
(the letter 'X' for example) instead of a date, which will be used by
another formula to perform an alternative date function.
I have been trying numerous variations of the following custom formulas:
I can get the letter 'X' (upper or lower case) to validate correctly, but
not the date.
Maybe I'm not understanding how Data Validation works.
I assume that the data entered into the cell has to match what the
validation formula is looking for (which would suggest that formula 2. is
the one to use - either the data is an 'X', OR it is a date greater than
01/01/2000, otherwise the data is incorrect).
Please can someone provide a working formula... and an explanation?
-Please remove 'safetycatch' from email address before firing off your
- Prev by Date: Re: Filter every nth record within a worksheet...
- Next by Date: excel 2007 problem
- Previous by thread: Help with Raw Stock Data Collection
- Next by thread: Re: Data Validation - Again!