Software to replace Excel

Hello

I work in a school which is introducing a new software system for the
teachers (Konosys)

Some of the pages are displayed using Excel and can be printed out but only
if the teacher has Excel (there is an Excel icon and it opens Excel when we
click on it and the information appears correctly)

I'd like to know if

1 There is a software which can replace Excel if only to read and print

2 Would it be difficult for the programmers to write additional code so
that if Excel isn't found on the teachers computer, then the alternative
program is found and replaces Excel

We do have a licence for Windows/Microsoft Office in the school but it
doesn't allow us to install this at home.

I am asking this not only as a user but also as a trade union
representative at the school cos we can't insist that a teacher buys
Windows/Microsoft Office and some teachers are runnning Linux and Open
Office at home

Thanks in advance

Dave Neve

Konosys at the moment only works with Excel and Internet Explorer and I have
asked a similar question to the IE 7 group

Thanks in advance

Dave Neve

  • Re: prevent pasting to more than one row
    ... choose 'View Code' and paste the following VBA code into the big window ... in excel 2007. ... then only the visible cells are unlocked. ... Teachers type reports into the cells and then save them. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Help Please
    ... I agree that Excel might be a good solution, but it might be harder to build ... an easy form for the teachers to use for input. ... totals for each criteria/period would tally based on the assigned score. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • prevent pasting to more than one row
    ... I have a shared workbook, in excel 2007. ... then only the visible cells are unlocked. ... Teachers type reports into the cells and then save them. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Software to replace Excel
    ... Some of the pages are displayed using Excel and can be printed out but only ... that if Excel isn't found on the teachers computer, ... We do have a licence for Windows/Microsoft Office in the school but it ... Konosys at the moment only works with Excel and Internet Explorer and I have ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: How do I create a school directory in Publisher 2000?
    ... that junk made sense to me in Excel. ... I could slap the teachers ... |> I got roped into doing several school directories. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)