Re: Can't insert rows - "Cannot shift object off sheet"

See if this helps

"Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in
Excel

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Denis" <denis@durnian> wrote in message
I am using Excel 2007 and have just loaded a spreadsheet created in a
previous version which is running in Compatibility mode. When I try to
insert a row I get an message "Cannot shift objects off sheet".

How do I insert rows on this sheet? No problem with another workbook
loaded at the same time which was created in 2007.

  • Re: Converting from 123 to Excel
    ... I still get the same error message #NAME?, and I changed the 1 to an i. ... the destination sheet type = prevsheet ... BTW we are using the Excel 2003 version, ... B will refer back to A, C will refer back to B, and D will refer back to ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Insert Row/Column Excel 2007
    ... "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns ... If you open excel in safe mode: ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Error: "Cannot shift objects off sheet."
    ... "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns ... "Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Error Message Box
    ... To have the message shown you would need a formula in an adjacent cell. ... Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". ... Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ... it also should shoot an error message in the screen ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)