Re: Multiple Criteria in a SUMIF or COUNTIF function

=SUMIF(NAME,"aname" .AND. TYPE,"atype",AMOUNT)

Try:
=SUMPRODUCT((NAME="aname")*(TYPE="atype"),AMOUNT)
The 3 defined ranges must be identically sized
--
Max
Singapore
"Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a worksheet with three ranges with range names Amount,Name and Type.
I would like to write a SUMIF formula to give me the total based on two
criteria. . Amount is numeric and Type and Name are text. I have tried
something like this but keep getting an error.

=SUMIF(NAME,"aname" .AND. TYPE,"atype",AMOUNT) Clearly this doesn't work.
A pivot table is not an option in this case for several reasons.

=SUMIF(NAME,"aname",AMOUNT) yields the proper result.

Can someone help me out here?

Thank you very much.

  • Re: SumIF Formula
    ... Adapt the ranges to suit ... the sumif formula would equal "11." ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: SumIF Formula
    ... Adapt the ranges to suit ... the sumif formula would equal "11." ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Sumproduct using named ranges and multiple criteria
    ... Dave thanks for the reply. ... The ranges that I'm using are: ... developing a forumula to give me totals based of three criteria. ... budget!$A15 is a cell reference to the cell where the month names are stored. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: [opensuse] Tricky spreadsheet problem, could really use some help.
    ... I normally use Lotus Symphony which ... I've not used it in LibreOffice but have had good success with it in Excel. ... You can name other ranges and call them say Hours, Wages, etc what ever you want. ... Once you name the ranges you want, you simply use those range names in the SUMIF formula. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: COUNIFS
    ... for the three criteria situation. ... Note, other tan in XL2007, you cannot use whole columns as ranges within ... When I use COUNTIFS the first formula is ... Is there a way to reproduce the function in Excel 2003? ...