Re: Selective Link to Picture

Could be...

But when I read that the OP wanted it light, I guessed that he really meant
hyperlinked to the document--so that the workbook doesn't get weighed down with
the actual pictures.

But I've been wrong before!

Earl Kiosterud wrote:

Dave,

When the OP said he wanted linked, not embedded, I got the impression that he wants the
picture to show in the worksheet, but not be included in the workbook file, rather linked to
a stored image file. I don't know any way to do that outside of using a macro. Your
hyperlink solution will require clicking the hyperlink, and will launch some application to
display the image, outside of Excel. I think.

That's my story, but I might not stick to it! :)
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Dave Peterson" <petersod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Insert|Hyperlink
and point to your picture file

or use the worksheet =hyperlink() worksheet function:
=HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my pictures/myfolder/somepict.jpg")

I think if you use the =hyperlink() worksheet function, your workbook will be
"lighter".

mloffler@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I want to show a linked (not embedded) picture based on entry in a
cell.
This way, I can keep the excel spreadsheet light.

Any help?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

  • RE: Linking in Excel
    ... Find links in a workbook ... To select the cell with a link, select the row in the box at the bottom. ... Creates a shortcut or jump that opens a document stored on a network server, ... When you click the cell that contains the HYPERLINK ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Linking in Excel
    ... Find links in a workbook ... To select the cell with a link, select the row in the box at the bottom. ... Creates a shortcut or jump that opens a document stored on a network server, ... When you click the cell that contains the HYPERLINK ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Hyperlink to cells in other workbooks keep changing
    ... The hyperlink base is workbook property. ... Using the worksheet function =hyperlinkmay be a nice alternative (but I've ... We are using Excel 2007 SP1. ...
  • Re: Revealing hyperlink url
    ... Be aware that if you change the hyperlink, then this formula cell won't change ... Open your workbook. ... > way of exporting the underlying url. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • RE: Macro Hyperlink Issues
    ... Well I'm not sure what the hyperlink has to do with this. ... to be how to get your code to return to the workbook you were in when you run ... on whether you are using more than one macro or not. ... The home office does not want gaps in our numbering sequence for all of the ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)