Re: Selective Link to Picture

Could be...

But when I read that the OP wanted it light, I guessed that he really meant
hyperlinked to the document--so that the workbook doesn't get weighed down with
the actual pictures.

But I've been wrong before!

Earl Kiosterud wrote:

Dave,

When the OP said he wanted linked, not embedded, I got the impression that he wants the
picture to show in the worksheet, but not be included in the workbook file, rather linked to
a stored image file. I don't know any way to do that outside of using a macro. Your
hyperlink solution will require clicking the hyperlink, and will launch some application to
display the image, outside of Excel. I think.

That's my story, but I might not stick to it! :)
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Dave Peterson" <petersod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Insert|Hyperlink
and point to your picture file

or use the worksheet =hyperlink() worksheet function:
=HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my pictures/myfolder/somepict.jpg")

I think if you use the =hyperlink() worksheet function, your workbook will be
"lighter".

mloffler@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I want to show a linked (not embedded) picture based on entry in a
cell.
This way, I can keep the excel spreadsheet light.

Any help?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

  • RE: Linking in Excel
    ... Find links in a workbook ... To select the cell with a link, select the row in the box at the bottom. ... Creates a shortcut or jump that opens a document stored on a network server, ... When you click the cell that contains the HYPERLINK ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Linking in Excel
    ... Find links in a workbook ... To select the cell with a link, select the row in the box at the bottom. ... Creates a shortcut or jump that opens a document stored on a network server, ... When you click the cell that contains the HYPERLINK ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Hyperlink to cells in other workbooks keep changing
    ... The hyperlink base is workbook property. ... Using the worksheet function =hyperlinkmay be a nice alternative (but I've ... We are using Excel 2007 SP1. ...
  • Re: Revealing hyperlink url
    ... Be aware that if you change the hyperlink, then this formula cell won't change ... Open your workbook. ... > way of exporting the underlying url. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Need macro help to edit hyperlinks
    ... Be aware that if you change the hyperlink, then this formula cell won't change ... Open your workbook. ... > I have spent many hours searching the web for a macro to do this but I ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)