Re: Comparing data within 2 lists
- From: "Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:36:57 +0100
I think the easiest way would be a VLOOKUP from one list to the other.
Assuming that the building number is in column A and the colour is in column
B in both worksheets, you could add a column C with the VLOOKUP
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,FALSE) would pick up the colour from the second
sheet. You could then add a further column D to highlight the differences.
Drag C1 and D1 down to the end of your data.
Or you could use a similar formula in Conditional Formatting to highlight
the whole row.
"Jenn L." <JennL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have been asked to compare lists from my 2 main systems. They believe
the information of them is not consistent. How would I compare the 2 lists
Excel since there are over 30 thousand records on them. Information:
List 1 List 2
Building no. Color Building no. Color
Building 1 Blue Building 2 Red
Building 2 Red Building 4 Yellow
Building 3 Yellow Building 5 Orange
Building 4 Green Building 1 Green
Building 5 Orange Building 3 Yellow
- Prev by Date: Re: Problem Viewing Pictures In Cells
- Next by Date: Re: opening a lot of files
- Previous by thread: How I write following macro?
- Next by thread: Re: Comparing data within 2 lists